Bayshore Youth Council (BYC)
The Bayshore Youth Council (BYC) is a volunteer group for west end youth aged 13 to 18 looking for ways to make a positive impact on their community while building valuable leadership skills. BYC meets weekly to coordinate a variety of activities, including:
- Healthy development, recreation opportunities, guest speakers
- Organization of youth trips
- Youth participation in neighbourhood planning processes (ex. Hand in Hand Bayshore, Bayshore Community Association)
- Supporting organization of community events (ex. Winterfest, Fun Days, Multicultural Fair)
- Councillor skills development (i.e. group dynamics, teamwork, leadership skills)
Volunteer opportunities to work towards completing the 40 hours of community service for high school graduation.
The Bayshore Youth Council takes place from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Monday nights at the Accora Village Recreation Centre, located at 98 Woodridge Crescent. For more information on BYC, please contact 613-820-4922 ext. 3567, or email Mohamed Sofa at firstname.lastname@example.org.