Become a Client
Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is an innovative community based, multi-service centre. We strive to meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve. We work in partnership with individuals, families and communities to achieve their full health potential, paying particular attention to those facing barriers to access, including those who are most vulnerable and at risk.
- You must reside in the PQCHC catchment area.
- If you are a newcomer in the process of attaining an Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) number (3 month wait) and living in the PQCHC catchment area, you can access services until you receive OHIP.
- If you are a refugee with Interim Federal Health Program, you can access services by calling 613-820-2001.
If you have OHIP and are looking for a doctor or nurse practitioner please visit Health Care Connect.
Primary Care Team
We are a team of nurses, nurse practitioners, a dietitian, a chiropodist and family physicians working together to help you. When you are a client of the PQCHC medical clinic, you will have one main health care provider, but at times an appointment may be booked with any one of us.
Our health team at PQCHC looks forward to working with you to help you manage your health.
When you come to the clinic, you can expect:
- To be treated with respect and courtesy
- To be treated in a professional manner
- To receive information to help you make informed decisions about your health
- To expect your personal information to be kept confidential (within legal limits of privacy and confidentiality) and help in making decisions about releasing personal information
- To have access to your personal records as defined in privacy legislation
- To make a complaint regarding your care if necessary
When you come to the clinic we ask you to:
- Bring your health card to each visit and show your card to the receptionist
- Be on time for appointments
- Treat staff and others in the centre with courtesy and respect
- Be a part of a non-violent, non-abusive environment (no swearing, threatening behavior)
- Provide information about your health and well-being and ask questions when you need
- Be an active participant in your own health care
- Respect the Centre NO Scent Policy
To learn about services available to you without being a registered client, please visit the Health Services menu for programs related to Health Promotion and Outreach.