Internationally Trained Professionals Program
This 14-week opportunity for Internationally Trained Professionals (ITP) interested in working in social services, provides the following:
- Training and certifications such as Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid, CPR, and Motivational Interviewing
- 12 weeks of learning in a social service environment (12 hours per week)
- Understanding transferable skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian work environment
To be eligible for the ITP Program, participants must:
Be one of the following:
- A permanent resident or under refugee protection
- A live-in caregiver
- A temporary foreign worker.
Meet all the following:
- Have been in Canada for five years or less
- Have professional training, experience or skill from another country
- Have the English skills necessary for the Canadian workplace (Canadian Language Benchmark 6 or higher)
For more information, please call 613-288-3880 or email email@example.com.
Funds for the ITP program are provided by Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada and United Way.