Canada Ontario Job Grant
The Canada Ontario Job Grant program provides financial support to employers who wish to purchase training for their employees.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.
Employers select the staff members who they would like to receive training and the type of training best suited to their needs.
- Large employers with more than 100 employees are eligible for up to 50% of training expenses to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee
- Small employers with less than 100 employees are eligible for up to 83% of training expenses to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee
- Small employers hiring and training unemployed individuals are eligible for up to 100% of training costs to a maximum of $15,000 per trainee
An employer must meet the following criteria to qualify.
- Small employers (less than 100 employees) are required to make a minimum one-sixth cash contribution towards eligible training costs
- Large employers (100 or more employees) are required to make a minimum one-half cash contribution towards eligible training costs
- Employers must employ the individual selected for training or provide them with a conditional offer of employment
- Employers must apply for training delivered in Ontario, related to a job that is also located in Ontario
Training must be directly related to the skill needs identified by the employer, cannot exceed one year in duration and must be provided by one of the following providers:
- Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology
- Publicly-assisted universities
- School boards
- Private trainers operating in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
- Union-based training centre
- Sector Councils
- Industry Associations
All individuals must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Be a resident of Ontario
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- Be one of the following:
- Employed individuals must be identified for training by their employer
- Unemployed individuals must be sponsored by an employer, demonstrated through a permanent or conditional offer of employment
- An individual must not be participating in full-time training or education or any other government training intervention that offers funding support for the same tuition, books or other training related costs
For additional information: Canada-Ontario Job Grant