Student Application Process
REQUEST FOR STUDENT PLACEMENT:
- Application forms can be submitted electronically by linking to:
- The link will take you to “myvolunteerpage.com”. Select the icon “Fill in Application”. Create a username and password to complete the application process.
Please allow 3 weeks before inquiring by email about the status of your application to: email@example.com
SELECTION AND PLACEMENT
Potential student applicants will be contacted by the Coordinator of Volunteer and Student Services when there is a match between the application information and a placement opportunity.
Screening and Interview
The screening and interview, with the Coordinator of Volunteer and Student Services, provides the applicant a chance to expand on why they are interested in volunteering. The 1-hour interview will also touch upon the following:
- The Coordinator provides an overview of Pinecrest-Queensway CHC and the programs and services offered.
- The Coordinator will ask the applicants predetermined questions to learn why he/she is interested in a placement.
- The applicant will have the opportunity to ask questions about programs, services and expectations.
- The Coordinator will review Policies and Procedures, Student Rights and Responsibilities and the Centre’s Code of Conduct.
- The applicant will provide a copy of a Police Records Check (exception: students under the age of 18).
- The applicant will provide a copy of the Work/Education Placement form or Letter of Acknowledgement to be signed.
- The applicant will provide any further documentation required.
- The applicant will read and sign forms such as Confidentiality Agreement, Emergency Contact information and References.
- The Coordinator will discuss the matching process and next steps.
Student suitability for placement is determined based on the following factors:
- Interests, skills and experiences
- Goals and objectives of the placement
- Student availability and commitment
- Willingness and ability to adhere to the mission, philosophy of service, value and goals of PQCHC
- The outcome of the Police Records Check
- Availability of placement opportunities
Once a student is accepted he/she is required to:
- Contact the Coordinator of Volunteer and Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org), 3 weeks prior to his/her start date to set up a meeting
- Attend an orientation session about PQCHC
- Read, understand and sign specific forms as required
- Read and understand policies and procedures specific to the placement
- Attend mandatory training such as Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) training and Violence Prevention in the Workplace
- Participate in Orientation, meetings and workshop sessions specific to the placement