Commitment to Privacy
To provide the best possible care, we need to collect and use personal health information. Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is committed to keeping your information safe and confidential. We follow the rules set out in law about collecting, using and disclosing your personal information.
To ensure the protection of your personal information, we have:
- Privacy Policies in place
- Appointed a Privacy Officer to answer your concerns or inquiries
- Set up safeguards in the handling of paper, electronic and verbal personal information.
How We Work
The Centre’s service providers work in teams to provide you with comprehensive care and service. Information for your best care may be shared among those directly involved with your care.
Accessing Your Information
The information in your records belongs to you; the physical record itself belongs to the Centre. You are welcome to read or have a copy of your personal health records. You may also request correction of your record. If you wish to access your record, fill out a ‘Release of Information’ form and return it to your service provider. An appointment will be set for you with your service provider to review the records.
Limits to Confidentiality
Pinecrest-Queensway may report information to third parties, without consent:
- If we believe you are a danger to yourself or others
- If we suspect that a child under the age of 16 is at risk
- If our records are subpoenaed by the courts
- If you are considered by law to be unable to make informed decisions about yourself
- In cases of a reportable communicable disease that must be reported to a Public Health Agency
- To determine or verify your eligibility to receive health care benefits
- In cases of required reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Questions or Concerns
If at any time you have questions or concerns about the treatment of your personal health information or the protection of your privacy within Pinecrest-Queensway, please do not hesitate to raise your concerns with your service provider, or Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre’s Privacy Officer (the Chief Executive Officer).
You may also contact the Information/Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at 1-800-387-0073 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; web: www.ipc.on.ca.