Employment Services provides an entry point for youth to long-term employment through paid placement opportunities. Placements range between 3-6 months in length and provide participants with relevant work experience and training opportunities.
The types of jobs and industries that we have currently placed youth in include:
- Hair salons
- Naturopathic clinics
- Office work
- Customer service
- Food service/restaurants
- Event planning/ Marketing
- Eco energy
- Automotive and car detailing
- Dental services
- Coffee shops
- 15-29 years old
- Resident of Ontario
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours per week
- Not attending an educational or training institute full-time
For more information about this program please contact PQ Employment Services at 613-288-3880
Youth Placements (Employers)
Employers who hire youth may be eligible to receive financial incentives in exchange for providing an entry point into long term employment for youth between the ages of 15-29. Employers who participate in the placement program can expect to receive the following supports:
- Access to youth who are motivated, qualified and meet YOUR hiring needs
- Access to up to $6,000 in hiring and training incentives
- Support in retaining employees
For more information about this program please contact PQ Employment Services at 613-288-3880.
This Employment Ontario service is funded by the Government of Ontario.