Pinecrest Queensway CHC (PQCHC) welcomes and encourages people living with disabilities to use our services. We will provide access to our services for people with disabilities in a way that respects their right to dignity, independence and integration.
We strive to provide service to everyone in a welcoming and supportive environment. We will consider the individual needs of people with disabilities in delivering service by:
- Considering individual and special needs when applying PQCHC policies and procedures
- Communicating with people in a way that meets their needs
- Welcoming feedback and suggestions about services in a variety of formats
- Welcoming accompanying support people
- Offering a range of assistive devices
- Welcoming service animals
- Letting people know if services are not available where possible, for example, if a program is going to be closed or if the website is not available
- Ensuring emergency responses address accessibility
- Training staff and volunteers to provide the best possible service
- Providing a forum for addressing concerns or challenges associated with accessing our services including our suggestion box and complaints procedures
- Ensuring the Executive Director’s name and contact information is available both at program sites and on our website
- Providing opportunities for continuous improvement and regular review of accessibility policies and procedures
- Ensuring this information is available in both official languages
Clients wishing to see a complete copy of this policy should speak to their service provider.